- Indian Navy Rescues All 21 Crew :- After a long struggle between marcos & pirates , all 21 crew members including 15 Indian nationals from the hijacked vessel MV Lila Norfolk off Somalia coast were safely evacuated by the Indian Navy on Friday.
- MV Lila Norfolk Hijack: Indian Navy Safely rescues 21 Crew
- The attempt of hijacking by the pirates was probably abandoned with the forceful warning by the Indian Navy, MPA of interception by Indian Naval warship, the statement read.
- INS Chennai is in the vicinity of MV and rendering support to restore the power generation and propulsion and commence her voyage to next port of call. According to the officials, MARCOS didn’t found any pirates on the hijacked vessel. The rescued crew has informed that the pirates had fired at the ship during hijack attempt after which they all hid themselves in the citadel.
- MV was kept under continuous surveillance using Maritime Patrol Aircraft, Predator MQ9B and integral helos. The Indian Navy Marine Commandos present onboard the Mission Deployed warship boarded the MV and have commenced the Sanitisation,” the earlier statement from Indian Navy stated.
- The bulk carrier, which was transporting cargo from Brazil to Bahrain, was intercepted by the Marcos. The crew, which has hiding in a strong room, has come out of the safe house. No pirates have been found as of now. The operation is underway. India currently has deployed four destroyers — INS Kochi, INS Kolkata, INS Mormugao and INS Chennai — as well as Talwar-class frigates and missile boats in Arabian sea to ensure maritime security.