Union Budget Highlights.The Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitaraman presented the Union budget 2022-23. The budget focuses on macro economic growth, energy transition, promoting digital economy, climate action, tech enabled development, crowding in private investment. Here are the highlights of the budget.
- Digital Rupee is to be issued using block chain technologies
- Issuance of E – Passports
- National Tele Mental Health programme is to be launched
- Zero Fossil Fuel policy to be introduced
- Special Economic Zones Act to be replaced with a new act
- Sovereign green bonds are to be issued
- India growth: Estimated at 9.2%
- Scheme for oil seeds to be launched: To increase domestic oil production and reduce imports
12% hike in Defence capital outlay than previous years.Defence capital outlay at Rs 1.52 lakh crore, up fromRs 1.35 lakh crore. 68% capital expenditure for indigenious weapons purcahses compared to 63 (58) last year.
PM Gati Shakti: Rs 20,000 crores
The PM Gati Shakti Master plan is to be expanded to 25,000 km. 100 PM Gati Shakti Cargo terminals are to be developed in next three years.
Loans for states
The states are to be provided with Rs 1 lakh crores of financial assistance. These are interest free loans. The states can use this for PM Gati Shakti related investments and other productive investments.
Multi modal logistics parks
To be opened in four locations through PPP model
It is One class One TV channel programme. It is to be expanded from 12 to 200 TV channels. This is to educate in regional languages from Class 1 to Class 12.
For MSP: Rs 2.37 lakh crores
The minister has allocated Rs 2.37 lakh crores for direct payment of minimum support price. Procurement of wheat in 2021-22 was 1208 lakh tonnes and procurement of paddy was 163 lakh tonnes.
Rs 19,500 allocated for PLI for manufacturing of high – energy efficiency module. This is to help India achieve its solar energy target of 280 GW by 2030.
400 new Vande Bharat trains are to be launched
- CGTMSE: Credit Guarantee Trust for Micro and Small enterprises is to be revamped. Additional credit of Rs 2 lakh crores
- Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme: Extended till March 2023
PM Awas Yojana: 60,000 houses to be identified as beneficiaries. Rs 48,000 crores allocated
1.5 lakh post offices will come on core banking system
Ken Betwa Linking Project
Rs 1,400 crores allocated. The total cost of the project is estimated to be Rs 44,605. This is to benefit 9 hectare farmland, supply drinking water to 62 lakh people, generate 103 MW of hydro power and 27 MW of solar power.
- The central and state government employees’ tax deduction limit is to be increased from 10% to 14%. This will help the social security benefits.
- The transfer of virtual digital asset shall be taxed at 30%
- Corporate surcharge reduced from 12% to 7%
- Customs duty on diamonds reduced to 5%
- Long Term Capital Gains to be taxed at 15%