Indian space research organisation has recently launched seven satellite into its orbit including 1 National satellite. ISRO launched 6 Singaporean satellite ,onboard PSLV rocket in a commercial Mission on Sunday.
After much awaited lunch of chandrayaan 3 this month PSLV-C56 carrying Singapore’s DS-SAR , Radar Imaging Earth Observation Satellite from Sriharikota on Sunday morning at 6:30 a.m. After the launch, ISRO tweeted the mission is successfully accomplished PSLV-C56 vehicle launched all 7 satellite precisely into their intended orbits.
About this Mission
PSLV-C56 is a dedicated mission of NewSpace India Ltd, which is the commercial arm of ISRO.
PSLV has earned its title ‘as the workhorse of ISRO’ through consistently delivering various satellites into low earth orbits, ISRO said.
Sunday’s mission follows the PSLV-C55/TeLEOS-2 mission, which was successfully launched in April to cater to customers in Singapore by ISRO.
This mission witnesses the rocket placing the satellites into a low earth orbit.
The DS-SAR carried a Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) payload developed by Israel Aerospace Industries. This allows the satellite to provide all-weather day and night coverage and is capable of imaging at 1 metre resolution.
The 360 kg DS-SAR satellite is developed under a partnership between DSTA (representing the Government of Singapore) and ST Engineering, Singapore. On deployment, the satellite would be used to support the satellite imagery requirements of various agencies within the Government of Singapore.
About Six Co-passengers:
- VELOX-AM, a 23 kg technology demonstration microsatellite.
- ARCADE Atmospheric Coupling and Dynamics Explorer (ARCADE), an experimental satellite.
- SCOOB-II , a 3U nanosatellite flying a technology demonstrator payload.
- NuLIoN by NuSpace, an advanced 3U nanosatellite enabling seamless IoT connectivity in both urban & remote locations.
- Galassia-2, a 3U nanosatellite that will be orbiting at low earth orbit.
- ORB-12 STRIDER , satellite is developed under an International collaboration
Visit our homepage:- defenceguide.in